In pursuit of the perfect sunnies? Finding the right sunglasses to match your facial features is easy as long as you know what sunglass-shape to look for. Check out some of our Sole Society favorites.
Square facial structures have a strong jawline and are comparative in width on both sides of the face from top to bottom. To contrast a square-shape face, we recommend wearing round sunglasses.
People with round faces have a round chin in addition to a wide facial structure around the cheeks and forehead. Most often, round faces work best with square or wayfarer-style frames.
Those who have oval faces often have the most choices because round and square sunglasses are both complementary to this shape. Don’t be afraid to try out cateye styles or something unusually sophisticated (just be sure to avoid giant-sized sunglasses and you’re good to go).
The heart-shape face is characterized by a narrow chin, broad forehead, and distinctive cheekbones. Think: Reese Witherspoon. It’s best to opt for oval or aviator-style sunnies when looking for the perfect match.
Imagine this: You. A rooftop. This outfit. Glass of wine in hand. Sounds like a dreamy summer evening to us.
1. Strappy Wedges: A stacked wedge in a barely-there beige beautifully complements a flowing coral dress and a cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
2. Woven Clutch: The Southwestern-inspired woven print on this clutch make it a total outfit maker. We're also obsessed with the tassel detail.
3. Lots Of Stacked Bracelets: A well-edited wrist brigade looks particularly great as you reach for that second (or third ) cheese cracker.
4. Long Beaded Necklace: Layer on this lightweight necklace for a dainty yet eclectic finishing touch to colors or prints (like this coral dress).
5. Retro Sunnies: You won't want to be without these cat-eyed sunglasses as the sun sets.
We caught up with our inspiring CEO Andrea at the most recent photo shoot (and she might have tried on a Smythe blazer she's had her eye on). From daily inspirations to favorite rituals, read on for Andrea's must-haves of the moment and a behind the scenes look into our most recent shoot after the jump.
What’s your favorite part of Sole Society photo shoots?
Watching our creative team in action and seeing our merchandise come to life in unexpected ways.
Where do you find daily inspirations?
Everywhere from the gym locker room to a coffee stop to Twitter to the office.
What are your summer plans?
We have lots going on at Sole Society so I’m staying in town and hope to get to explore LA a bit more.
What’s your favorite weekend ritual?
In LA, it’s sitting outside with a drink (coffee or wine, depending on the time of day) and my husband and catching up on reading.
What’s your go-to accessory for the summer to fall transition?
Scarves and laser cut booties were made for this time of year! Torri and Sidney are perfect footwear for the office and Kaye screams weekend. I’ll throw on the Printed Infinity Tribal Scarf, toss the Jessie sunglasses in my Capri or Bie bag and I’m good to go.
Finding that perfect pair of sunglasses comes down to two things: Shading your eyes from the sun (obviously) and flattering your features. Here's your go-to guide on how to find the best frames for your face shape.
For A Heart-Shaped Face: Go for a colorful pair to bring attention to your eyes and soften the narrowest part of your face. Your Match: Jessie Sunglasses in Red.
For A Square-Shaped Face: Opt for classic aviators to enhance your strong features. Not to mention, aviators are a can't-go-wrong style for anyone. Your Match: Myla Sunglasses.
For A Narrow-Shaped Face: Try oversized, round sunglasses. Think Jackie O-inspired lenses. Your Match: Tamsin Sunglasses.
For A Round-Shaped Face: Look for wide, rectangular frames for a flattering, slimming effect. Your Match: Taya Sunglasses.
Every look starts with…(drum roll, please) SHOES! With festival and vacation season quickly approaching, it’s time for road trips aplenty. What to wear and pack? An ultra-versatile bootie, boho inspired dress, layered necks and floral sunnies.
1. THE SUEDE SHOOTIE: Petal to metal (or festival ground) with this slouchy chic boot. Get The Look.
2. THE TRIBAL CARRYALL: Grab your essentials, toss into this oversized tribal woven bag and GO! Get The Look.
3. THE LAYERED NECKLACES. The secret to layering necklaces: Mixing textures and layers. Get The Look.
4. THE FLORAL SUNNIES: Put your look in cruise control with these floral framed cat eyes. Get The Look.